- Become a thought leader – Many Relevance contributors are known throughout the industry for their expertise.
- Reach a new audience – Relevance has over 40K subscribers, with over 35% of them being Director level or above.
- Promote your work – Contributors to Relevance often feature and cite their ongoing work, ebooks, guides, case studies, etc.
- Earned media – Historically one of the best converting sources of traffic is referral. Maintaining an active byline on a highly traveled site keeps that traffic flowing
- Rub elbows with the best and brightest – Contributors that go above and beyond with their insights have their headshot prominently featured on the rotating contributors section.
WRITING FOR RELEVANCE
Relevance is the world’s only digital publication dedicated to earned, owned, and paid online content promotion and distribution.
We seek to help marketing and communications professionals solve their content visibility challenges through shared thought leadership, stories of lessons learned, and actionable advice from visionaries in content marketing.
We are constantly on the lookout for new writers and partners to join our tight-knit community of expert contributors. Join us today! Let’s share what works and what doesn’t.
- Target Audience
- We publish 60% for marketing and communications executives and 40% for tactical consumers, such as managers and marketers.
- Topical Boundaries
- We encourage contributors to focus on content that relates to the following media categories:
- Earned: brand mentions in media, links to owned media from trade publications, influencer endorsements, syndication, etc.
- Paid: advertorials, sponsorships, pay-per-click search ads, etc.
- Owned: company websites, corporate blogs, email marketing, etc.
- Shared: social media engagement, user-generated content, etc.
- Check out our expanded guidelines for detailed definitions and examples.
- If you’re debating whether or not your article idea is a good fit for our publication, send us an email at email@example.com with a brief description of what you want to write about.
- Quality of Submissions
- Writing within our topical boundaries is only half the battle. Please consider the following criteria when composing original content for Relevance:
- Expertise — You don’t have to be well known to be a contributor to Relevance, but you must know a lot about the subject you’re writing about.
- Originality — If you’re writing about a well-worn topic, you need to take a fresh approach. The best way to do this is to be very specific and to rely on your own research, observations, and experiences.
- Clarity — Take the time to copy edit your post to the best of your ability and perform multiple grammar checks, if necessary. We only accept content of the highest editorial standard.
- Evidence — It is not enough to know your subject deeply, you have to prove that to the reader. Please include ample research and make sure your sources are cited correctly.
- Length: 500 word minimum. Long form content of 1,000+ words is accepted and encouraged – with a cautionary note that such articles are held to even higher editorial standards and should be supported by credible and authoritative research.
- Links: Include links to outside sources in your article body only if you are citing research, news, or important evidence.
- When relevant to the topic of discussion, it is acceptable to mention and link to your company in the body of an article. It also acceptable to cite your own ebooks, white papers, guides, cheat sheets, studies, case studies, etc. However, hard sells and overtly promotional language and links will be removed.
- Republishing: You may republish your original Relevance content elsewhere on the web if two weeks have passed from the article’s date of publication on Relevance.com. You must include a link to the original article on Relevance.com at the beginning or end of the post.
- Author Information:
- If you are submitting for the first time, please include the following information for your author profile on Relevance.com:
- Email address connected to Gravatar – please create an account if you don’t have one, and confirm that your headshot is uploaded to the account.
- Social media profiles
- Company information
- Submitting Articles for Syndication
- The process for submitting articles previously published elsewhere is similar to submitting original content.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a URL to the original source of the article and author information as outlined above.
Note: By submitting content for syndication, you confirm that you hold all rights to the article.
RIGHTS OF USE
By submitting your content to us, you and/ or your organization will be granting us unlimited rights of use across multiple digital channels including web, social, email, mobile, and PDF. We also retain the right to edit for clarity, tone, and style. Please ensure that you have the right to grant the use for all content and materials that you provide. Please provide copyrights and rights of use for any images used. If you have any questions, please direct them to our editors at email@example.com.