Harnessing the Power of Paid-Media by Artificial Intelligence Integration
The age of AI is here. Although the phenomenon has been in existence for some time, radical technological advancements in the past few years have pushed AI to a whole new level. The growth is hypothesized to occur in three camps:
- Voice Assistance: Voice assistants, like Alexa, Siri, Cortana, and Ok Google.
- Input Analysis: Machine intelligence, where machines learn about users by analysing their input.
- Enhanced Cognitive Ability: Machines that have a cognitive ability and are completely aware (just like in sci-fi flicks).
How is AI changing the world?
The evolution of AI can be discussed on the following grounds:
- Creating an organic learning process: When machines have the ability to interpret human language they create a new learning process which can be used to fill the gaps between man-machine communication. Organic learning can be implemented to create and improve processes, like voice recognition.
- Improvement in machine learning: As machines encounter new user experiences, they learn more and provide better predictive analysis for end users. This can help marketers suggest the best products to users.
- Creating an artificial neural network: AI can create a network that mimics the human brain. When this happens, we will see the rise of conscious machines that can think, plan, reason, learn, and comprehend like humans.
AI & ML in digital marketing
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) are the biggest assets that any digital marketing firm can leverage today. For every hour these organizations postpone the idea of incorporating AI-powered solutions into their content marketing strategies, they risk losing their competitive edge. According to Salesforce, AI will be the key to customer retention by 2020. Nearly 57% of business buyers will be dependent on the companies to get a fair idea about products before asking anything from the sales representative.
Does AI scare you?
Many marketers are scared of the term AI. They feel that it is going to be something malefic, like in the sci-fi movies. Relax. We’re not there yet. Level three AI—the era of conscious AI—is still a far cry away and now is the right time to embrace this process.
AI-powered marketing tools are already empowering globally renowned products and services, namely, Google, Netflix, and Amazon. These organizations have grabbed the bull by the horns and have grown their business significantly by enhancing every aspect of their business. This front-runner approach has contributed greatly to improving their customers’ experience at every step of their journey.
Impact of AI on paid media and native advertising
AI has had a major impact on all aspects of digital marketing; this includes SEO, PPC, paid media, and native advertising. Here is how it works.
AI-Paid Media integration
The brands have lost a significant chunk of their organic visibility on social media. This is a result of ever-increasing spending on paid promotion across various channels, like Facebook, Instagram and others. According to CNBC, 60% of advertisement spending in native mediums will transition to Facebook by 2020.
Data independence has been an important aspect of paid social media. However, with the implementation of GDPR, things will certainly change for the better. Paid social media will become transparent and as a result, end users will attain complete control over the information they share.
In such a scenario, marketers can implement AI and ML to a great extent in order to understand user preferences. Nevertheless, AI can help marketers attain better performance at a low cost. The chances of fraud, waste and abuse are minimized.
AI-powered content creation tools are intelligent enough to leverage sponsored content opportunities. Over the next five years, sponsored content is expected to become one of the leading formats.
Since it is long-term advertising, activities such as article writing and blog publishing will witness a boost in the form of sponsored content. Having intelligent content creation tools ensures that the marketers are able to reach out to the right target audience, and at the same time, track the performance of their content.
Can marketers and AI work together?
Yes, AI provides marketers with the tools they can use to turn their dreams into reality. They can now reach out to every customer through a customized approach using meaningful content in the process. As mentioned in the Gartner Customer 360 Summit Report, nearly 85% interactions will me automated by 2020.
As a marketer, when one is planning to integrate their content marketing process with AI, they should take care of the following:
- Take advantage of maximum opportunities: As a marketer, one cannot focus on one thing and completely ignore others. They should leverage all the opportunities at their disposal; this includes activities like automatic content creation, content curation, and personalization. All these functions, when performed by integrating AI, create the biggest impact and yield the highest ROI.
- Ensure data sufficiency: Marketers should make sure that they have enough data so that the algorithms can utilize it for cognitive purposes.
- Personalization in moderation: As a responsible marketer, one should always conduct personalization in moderation. The approach and content delivered should feel organic. The messages sent through the content should not appear unnatural in any way.
The Bigger Picture
AI has been in the digital marketing picture for years now and now is the high time that marketers embrace it completely. They should find ways to integrate AI in their processes in order to ensure efficiency and simplification. With intelligent AI, it is possible to deliver personalized experiences that can outsmart the competition and help marketers gain a competitive edge.
In the sphere of paid-media advertising, a large number of companies are implementing AI for a variety of purposes. These include marketing campaigns, customer engagement, and storytelling through relevant content. AI can use machine learning algorithms to find the target audience and boost chances of conversion.