Small businesses begin in various ways, one of which is by doing ample research to gain an in-depth understanding of everything involved. And of course, many of us want to become our bosses. So, it can be a desirable investment for professional individuals with flexible hours and a tremendous growth opportunity.
However, starting your own business is a challenging and often daunting task. Many don’t know where to start, who to speak with, how to network, etc. This can turn many away from the entrepreneurial path.
Fortunately, several resources are available to those to help you become your own CEO. Below are the top publications to help entrepreneurs navigate the confusing landscape of starting their own businesses.
Table of Contents
- Entrepreneur: Specifically targeted towards business owners.
- Under 30 CEO: Starting your own business while still young? Start here.
- Killer Startups: If you’re looking to crush your industry, this is the publication for you.
- Small Biz Technology: Do you find tech overwhelming? SBT has accessible info.
- Inc.: Tips and tricks, tools, and services to help expand your business.
- Franchise Times: Need guidance about running a franchise? Here you go.
- Small Business Trends Magazine: Keep up-to-date about current trends in business.
- Foundr: Articles, podcasts, and several courses to help you stay ahead.
What Makes a Good Small Business Publication?
Each of the publications listed below is an excellent resource for entrepreneurs. These each hit vital points that make them great. In general, each small business publication should be:
- Straightforward. Entrepreneurs don’t have a lot of extra time to research. The information provided in each publication should be easy to find with the essential facts.
- Credible. Reputable sources should back every article to ensure each reader has access to the most relevant and accurate information.
- Innovative. Entrepreneurs are no strangers to innovation. That is what makes their business thrive. The publication should prioritize innovation and be reflected in its work.
- Helpful. Each article that is published should serve a direct purpose for the reader. Fluff pieces should be few and far between.
As the name implies, Entrepreneur provides all the information you need to know about starting your own business. You can find articles about starting your own business, growing your current one, franchising, and entrepreneur inspiration. This is an excellent collection of resources if you want a publication targeted explicitly toward business owners.
2. Under 30 CEO
If you want to start your own business young, this is your publication. Under 30 CEO is an excellent resource for entrepreneurs because it provides the necessary support to start and run a successful business. You can stay up to date with the latest tech and business trends to create the most efficient company. This is an excellent publication to include in your roster.
Creating a startup can be challenging — but Killer Startups provides all the information to make that process as smooth as possible. It also made the our Top Finance Publications list as well this year. Here you can find startup tools, reviews, and featured founders to help guide you through the process. Check this publication out if you are interested in dominating your startup.
New and innovative technology is often at the forefront of being an entrepreneur. However, with the constantly changing patterns of the tech industry, it can be more challenging for small business owners to keep track. Small Biz Technology is there to provide entrepreneurs with a shortcut regarding technology trends. You can find articles about customer service, marketing, financials, and more.
Specifically targeted toward business owners, this publication is an excellent resource for entrepreneurs. Here, you can find tips, tricks, tools, and services to help expand your business. Inc. understands the struggles that are often faced by small businesses and provides resources accordingly.
Running a franchise can be complicated and costly. However, a proven successful business model can be very attractive to entrepreneurs. Franchise Times understands the ins and out’s of running a franchise and is there to provide information that helps you through the process. In short, if you need guidance about running a franchise, this is a great resource.
You are constantly stepping into new roles when you run your own business. Keeping up-to-date on the trends in industry can be tricky, especially when the list of tasks an entrepreneur has can be never-ending. SBT also made our Top Technology Publications list this year. So, Small Business Trends Magazine takes the work out of the equation and provides you with all the relevant trends to make your business successful.
Foundr is an excellent publication for everything surrounding starting your own business. You can find articles, a podcast, and several courses to become the most successful entrepreneur. Marketing, leadership, and business building are just a few topics covered in these resources – making this a tremendous full-circle publication.
Looking for other publication, here are a few to pay attention too: