Creating content isn’t just a writer’s thing. Whether you’re an architect, nurse, or teacher, learning the way of content creation and promotion can be an effective way to bring you closer to your dream job.
Ways Content Creation Can Get You a Dream Job
For a start, content creation is a way for you to put your expertise into writing. This means that you don’t have to be a skillful writer at first to get started. It will be the hours and years you put into practice that will boost your creativity and amp up your competencies.
In a gist, content doesn’t only mean articles or blogs. You can also create videos, infographics, case studies, white papers, and ebooks. And by creating a variety of these content types regularly, you can reap the following benefits for your career and get your dream job:
- Develop and promote your writing skills. Professional correspondence is essential in any career. And you can start developing or maintaining your command of any language if you create content more frequently.
- Learn new skills. As you create content relevant to your niche, you’ll also learn to use other tools other than the industry-specific ones you usually use. If you opt to start a blog, for instance, you can also learn basic website management skills and SEO. Or if you are planning to create videos and graphics, you’ll spend more time editing pictures and clips using Photoshop and Adobe Premiere. You can include these tools and skills on your CV. Or better yet, create an online portfolio that features the content you create.
- Start and nurture your online presence. Try using Google to search your name. What are the items on the results page? Did you get a mix of search results that includes info about you and some other people you don’t know? If yes, your online presence needs a good boost. And you can do that by creating content with your name on them. That way, you can boost your creativity, improve your online visibility, and create an excellent digital footprint.
- Show your expertise. Submitting a CV or résumé is a great way to tell your employer about what you do. But you can also show them what you can do through the content you create. An online portfolio might be what you need to demonstrate your expertise. If you’re an engineer, for instance, you can create infographics, videos, and articles about important statistics and trends in your industry.
- Build a global network. Creating a personal website or video channel allows you to build a community of followers, industry leaders, and potential employers. Then, sharing your portfolio of published content is another effective way to make your work visible to a global audience.
- Control and promote your personal brand. Yes, you may also create content for your employers. But these materials will always contain the company’s brand. If you’re planning to attract your dream job, you must first have the grit to show the real you. You can do this by creating your own content that will showcase your personal brand, especially your advocacies and values.
Tools for Content Creation
Getting your dream job might be a long journey. But you’ll get there. By committing yourself to create content that’s relevant to your industry, you can stand out online. If you are now excited to get started, one or more of these content creation tools might be handy:
- WordPress, Medium, LinkedIn, or Wix – These are the popular blogging platforms you should try.
- YouTube or Vimeo – These platforms are perfect for publishing videos.
- Behance – The perfect place for you to showcase your visual designs, such as pictures, illustrations, and digital drawings.
- Canva, Filmora, or Adobe Creative Suite – These tools will help you edit pictures, create a collage, or make infographics.
- Evernote – This is a note-taking app that lets you integrate notes with pictures and videos taken from the web for reference or story source.
- Hootsuite – This is an app that allows you to share your content across multiple social media channels. You can also create social media status updates in bulk and set a schedule for each item to be shared.
Remember, visibility is important in attracting your dream employer. Just have a little patience and desire to learn and boost your creativity by creating content that’s compelling and authentic.